Thursday, February 6, 2014

Here we go again...

Second round of hormones and the statistics are not in my favor.  Infertility 1: Renee 0.  For those of you who are not in this journey yourself this is what it looks like:

Day 1:  Call OBGYN office and tell the nurse it is your day 1.  She'll question your knowledge of day 1 even though you're a nurse and know what day 1 is.  She'll explain again to take a pregnancy test before starting Femara, call in the prescriptions and schedule a follicle study.  It just so happens mine is on Valentine's Day, how romantic... NOT.

Day 2:  Un-eventful

Day 3:  Here we go again:  First things first- make sure I'm not pregnant.  Yes I have been having an extremely heavy cycle for the last 2 days, but lets just see that big fat negative.
Pregnancy test negative... yes I already knew this was coming, but it still hurts.


Start the hormones, they don't really give me mood swings, or not that I can tell.  I do get hot flashes, but life could be much much worse.
Femara 2 tablets once daily for 5 days
I really feel a lot better after starting to share my story.  I feel less angry, which could be from spilling my guts on here or from talking to my dear friend Maggie yesterday.  She is not going through the same thing, but her own private struggle.  
It is sometimes hard to be surrounded by people who are pregnant after trying a few times or even once.  Hard to see people complaining of pregnancy pains on Facebook.  Hurts to get baby shower invitations.  I am trying to keep things in perspective and realize that I am not in the worst possible situation, however somedays it feels just like it.

Here is what I have waiting for me in the refrigerator, right next to the butter.



No comments:

Post a Comment