Friday, February 14, 2014

Winter Storm Pax... Happy Valentine's Day

One would think that all of the Northerners moving south would make snowstorms in North Carolina much more bearable... wrong.  Our city has been crippled by Winter storm Pax which started Wednesday afternoon.  I will admit, this is a ton of snow for NC and with the added ice, it is not easy to get out and about.

Why am I writing about this?  Well because of the storm, school was canceled and work was canceled for all teachers.  YES, I thought! Now I don't have to take an afternoon off  to get to my follicle study.  WRONG again, the MDs office is closed today, so no follicle study for me.  The girl who called to tell me that the office was closed couldn't really answer any of my questions, go figure.  I could have cried, will I have wasted an entire month?  A month of dreaded hormones?

I sent a message to my OBGYN to see if she thinks I should trigger this weekend without a follicle study and plan on IUI Monday.  Still waiting to hear back.  I feel a little bad paging the on call Dr to ask these questions, but my husband (a Dr) doesn't think it is unreasonable.  So if I can't get in at the fertility clinic and I don't get a response, I might page the on call physician.  My doctor, the best OBGYN in town called me back from the hospital today and I will go in tomorrow for a follicle study as an outpatient at the women's hospital!  She is awesome, I should get her a gift... any ideas :)

I called the second fertility clinic that I have used and am waiting to hear back from them to see if they will do the follicle study without an order from my OBGYN and even though I am not one of their patients per say.  The odds are not in my favor.  They called back and would do the study with an order and somewhere to send the results.  However, my OBGYN called and was able to work something out!!!  This could be so frustrating, will it be another month of waiting, hormones, shots and FAILURE?  I sure hope not, I am not really sure how much more I can take before I have a mental breakdown.

Here are a few pictures of the snow:
A few cars getting stuck in the middle of the street.

My car parked at the end of the driveway, K was on call yesterday but didn't have to go in.

Across the street

Up the street


Close up of cars stuck in the street


My garden boxes

Our deck
For this reason, I hate you winter storm Pax.  Happy Valentine's Day everyone, except you Pax.  I am happy to not be living up north in all of the snow, but somehow I think if this were happening in Erie, PA, my doctor's office would be open, the streets plowed, and life would be going on as normal.

My fingers are crossed that this will somehow work out this month, yes, THIS MONTH. 

Please God!



No comments:

Post a Comment