Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Where do I start?

I have always wanted to blog, but never really felt like I had anything to blog about.  Finally, something interesting!  Do all things interesting enough to blog about suck or include cute children?  If blogs are not about some terrible medical condition or diagnosis, they are about cute young kids.  You guessed it, I don't have children so I must have some crappy medical diagnosis.

Infertility, something that has always been in the back of my mind, but something I never thought I'd struggle with.  As I try not to become a bitter bitch about my struggle with infertility I need an outlet and someone to listen.  I do not need someone to offer advice or sympathy.  Maybe a little Prozac will help too.

I was born to be a mother, it has been in my heart since I was young.  I had a plan, the perfect plan or so I thought.  I would be married, working and have 3 children by the time I turned 30.  God laughed at that plan and now I am struggling to live with his plan.  I do have a great husband and a wonderful job.  I go to church and have a strong holy testament.  I am just missing one part, one piece that seems to be all around me, when will I get my turn?

The diagnosis is still in the works, one thing I know for sure is that I do not ovulate regularly on my own.  We started our journey last April, I was foolish in thinking it would only take up to 3 months to conceive.  I was so excited to finally be at this point in my life, everything seemed to be falling into place.

Here is my story:  Stopped birth control in January.  April nothing, May positive ovulation test, June nothing, (started acupuncture), July 56 day cycle, September OBGYN appointment.  Lab results; low or poor quality ovulation, good ovarian reserve, no thyroid issues.  October lab results; low quality ovulation.  November ultrasound & hysterosalpingogram scheduled; once blood filled cyst right ovary, fallopian tubes intact and free of obstructions.  Fertility treatments on hold due to cyst.  December ultrasound; blood filled cyst remains same size.

Treatment started January 7, 2014.  Femara, ultrasound, trigger shot and IUI January 19, 2014.  IUI #1: failed.  What a disappointment, statistics show that the first IUI is not really successful, but my heart breaks every time I realize it is going to be another month.

Second round of treatment starts February 6, 2014, ultrasound scheduled for February 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment